Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Re: NO IT'S NOT CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!

Posted By: Susan
Date: Wednesday, 27 January 1999, at 10:37 a.m.

In Response To: Re: NO IT'S NOT CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!! (crazyrich)

The largest tank my husband has built (from scratch) so far is just under 50g and is a large "cube" about 22"X 20"X 24". While I didn't pay a lot of attention to the details and order of assembly, I know that you are on the right track regarding spacing the glass pieces and siliconing the gaps, although it needs to be much wider than you mentioned. Also, I'm not sure about the specifics on width of glass in proportion to number of gallons, but I know there's information on the web about that. You can check this out if you like: http://www.thekrib.com/TankHardware/glass-thickness.html There's also alot of articles on DIY tanks there too. Anyway, I would also follow Martin's advise and brace across the center. Again, depends on dimensions. This just takes a bunch of research but is very rewarding in the end. Good luck and happy tank building! (send updates)

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

<