Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Disappearing Fish Problem

Posted By: Mark Holland
Date: Saturday, 18 April 1998, at 2:15 p.m.

This isn't a Loach specific problem but I thought I would post it in case anyone has any info. I recently bought a Rubber Pleco/Suckermouth. He is friendly with plants and they are good little algae eaters. Well 3 days later he disappeared. He had been under a piece of slate during his 3 days of being seen. Now I know they like to hide but now it's day number 3 and no sight of him. Other then kulhi loaches burying themselves, I didn't think other fish did that. Can plecos bury themselves in the gravel? I've looked under all of my rocks and ornaments. I also have a cover on my tank so I don't think he crawled out. Wouldn't that be bad. A poor little pleco sucking on the carpet. So has anyone else lost a pleco like this.

Messages In This Thread