Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Ick Outbreak ... Loaches aren't doing very well

Posted By: Dean Pahl <dpahl@dcwis.com>
Date: Tuesday, 2 February 1999, at 12:23 p.m.

My 37 gallon tank is relatively new, although the water in it is cycled. Ich has just broken out in the last few days. It seems my heater may have had something to do with it. I returned home from work last week to find the temperature up to 92 degees F. Like a dummy I shut the heater off completely to lower the temp. When it got back down to 77 F. I turned it back on. All of this happened in about 12 hours. I wish I had slowed the temperature scale back down. I think it would have saved me a lot of water changes ..........anyway.......one of my small clowns died and the other one isn't too far behind...... in fact, most of the loaches seem strange in the way they behave....ICH SUCKS!!!!!!! Are they dying because of the lack of