Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

New Tank

Posted By: mrraider <mrraider@pacbell.net>
Date: Friday, 5 February 1999, at 9:16 p.m.

I am planning to switch from my current 29 gallon tank to an 80 or 125 gallon tank, as my fish are rapidly outgrowing their old home. The current inhabitants of my tank are 4 ea 2 in clown loaches, 2 ea 3 in clown loaches, 2 ea 4 in bala sharks, 1 ea 4-1/2 in bala shark, 1 ea 5 in pleco, and 2 fish a friend recently gave me (I think they are some type of tetra, with black fins anddiscus like bodies.About 14 months ago I switched from a 10 gallon tank to my current tank, and my then 3 loaches died. I replaced them with 5 clowns, and these soon developed ick. After medicating them at half strength for about 1 week, they recovered. After reading more about my beloved loaches, I added pumpheads to my undergravel filter, a cave for my loaches to hide in, and bought a larger airpump, and 12 in air curtain to increase the oxygen levels. My qu