Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Questions about Ich, and other stuff

Posted By: Frank Walker
Date: Saturday, 25 April 1998, at 12:33 p.m.

Does Ich affect only fishes that have scales, or ones that don't have scales? I have a river catfish in my tank (about the size of a finger) and it was living in a half-filled 20-gallon tank with a piece of turkey every week for four months. I hate to say that we weren't really taking great care of him. No filter, just him. Well, I decided to get a filter, fill the tank, get some loaches, and some other fish, so that Catfish Baby could have some company. Well, everything died. I am pretty sure that the catfish had something to do with the deaths of some of them, because of the bite marks, and the fungus growing soon after, but the loaches died of Ich, I think. What I need is a detailed description of Ich. I want to know the signs that the fish get, and if scaleless fish get it, or are the only ones, or what. The temperature for those four months was whatever the ga