Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Icky Clown

Posted By: Andy <tiger15@erols.com>
Date: Sunday, 7 February 1999, at 10:24 a.m.

When buying loaches from fish stores, they often come with Ick. This happened to me a few times leading to wipe out of my existing loaches. In fish stores with centralized filtration system, the water is salted and loaches there may look OK until they arrive at home aquariums. I have tried several remedies including Malachite Green, Formaline, Jungle Ick Guard II (actually very dilute form of Formaline) and Maracide before and they all failed. I have never tried salt or copper treatment but read that they work. I wonder whether inorganic remedies are superior to organic remedies. For those who have used copper and salt treaments before, please advise me on the correct dosage that won't kill my loaches but at the same time effective. When us