Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Fighting clowns

Posted By: mrraider <mrraider@pacbell.net>
Date: Sunday, 7 February 1999, at 9:19 p.m.

I Had four 2 in clown loaches, and one 3 in clown loaches until a few months ago when I saw a great price on clowns at the local Wallmart. They were selling some 3 to 4 in clowns for $3.98 each, so I decided to add another to the small school I already have. When he was added into the tank, he was really shy, and didn't associate much with the others. After a couple weeks he began swimming around with my smalest clown, who is just around 2 inches. Within a few more weeks, he was just one of the fellas, with no problems. Recently however, it seems that he has been fighting a lot with the one loach in the tank who was the largest, until he arrived. The two loaches get really aggressive around each other, and bite, and tangle with each other regularly now. I've had clown loaches for about a year and a half now, and I