Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Nurserymen.

Posted By: Martin Thoene <martin.thoene@lakenheath.af.mil>
Date: Saturday, 13 February 1999, at 9:05 a.m.

I wish that I could have posted on Wednesday in response to the continuing thread about fish prices. This was an interesting discussion with many relevant points made that degenerated into a quite nasty, personal attack by Hyp on Nika and Steve. This is absolutely un-typical of the nature of postings on LOL, and extremely distasteful to me as I'm the one who introduced Hyp to this forum after he E-mailed me from a posting about Clowns that I made on JAWS. I thought he was a sensible, commited aquarist. He told me that he had some problems with a kind of female Cyber-stalker and would use a different handle on LOL. Now I'm wondering if his problems might have been self-induced.

He and I have exchanged several mails about our other love, Plecs. Now I feel I don't want to bother with him anymore, particularly as he gets abusive when I don't reply immedeately. Hyp, you may delight in winding people up in real-life, and find it extremely gratifying to do it in Cyber-space, but WE CAN stop you, because we can just elect not to click on anything that you post.

If you want us to take you seriously, then don't say that it doesn't matter if people agree with your point of view, then get so irrate because they don't. That is just plain hypocritical. Everyone's point of view is relevant, but very few things in fishkeeping are absolutely cast in stone, so nobody is necessarily RIGHT.

Nika did not swear at you, she used a common American put-down in jest, but you were abusive in an unacceptable tone that was obviously intended to hurt.

I wouldn't bother E-mailing me, because I'm not about to give you the opportunity to be rude to me, so I'll just X it.

I now believe that we call Horticulturists "Nurserymen" because when they don't get their own way, they just throw their Teddy out of the Wheelbarrow.

I wish that I had never needed to write this.......................Martin.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.