Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Agressive Clown Loaches

Posted By: Rianto <kepin_ve@hotmail.com>
Date: Saturday, 13 February 1999, at 7:51 p.m.

I have 2 angels, 2 clown loaches and 8 penguin tetras in my 30g. The angels are 3" and the clowns are 2". I thought clown loaches are shy, especially when put in only a group of two. But after 2 months since I bought them, they started to get aggressive towards the angels, and now they constantly bully the angels at feeding time. Other times they just chase the angels for a short time. They leave the penguins alone (I think they're too fast to chase ). No harms seem to be inflicted by the clowns. But can this stress the angels out? Sometimes I notice that the fins of the smaller angel are torn, but I think this is due to the larger angel picking on it. Should I separate them, or this is totally harmless?