Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Clown's colours

Posted By: Jim Bobier <jim.bobier@odyssey.on.ca>
Date: Saturday, 13 February 1999, at 8:32 p.m.

Hello, I would like to say how much I enjoy this forum about loaches. I have learned alot from the site and from all the posts over the last few weeks. I finally bought a 3 inch clown loach at my lfs a couple weeks ago(the only one they had)which has really nice deep orange and black colouring. Five days ago I bought 2 more clowns which are about 1.5" long to keep the 3" company. It was hilarious when I put them in with the 3", they acted like they were long lost friends. The 2 smaller clowns followed him around all day and he showed them all his hangouts. My question: The 2 smaller clowns do not have the deep orange colouring that the 3 inch has. I have read the previous posts about colour and how it could be stress and how the dominant one is the most colourful. I was wondering when th