Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

I cycled my loaches!!! :)

Posted By: Amy <amr@fast.net>
Date: Sunday, 14 February 1999, at 2:52 p.m.

I posted a message a few weeks ago because I had bought 2 clown loaches (and 2 cichlids) without realizing that these were not good fish to cycle a new tank with. For those of you who helped give me advice on how to save my loaches, I wanted to sincerely thank you. I've now had my tank going for about seven weeks. My tank was completely cycled after 25 days and now everything is fine. The water quality is excellent and I have a beautiful, colorful tank of happily co-existing fish (2 clowns, 1 labidochromis caeruleus, 1 kenyi, and a ropefish).

Thanks again so much for your help. I'm very thankful that my loaches were able to survive the ordeal. Ironically, my cichlids are the ones who ended up getting sick (but are OK now) and the loaches seemed fine through the process!

Keep up the good work helping others who are inexperienced like me.

Amy

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.