Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

My poor CLOWN LOACH!

Posted By: FlashingStorm <equal_people_organization@PlanetaryMotion.net>
Date: Sunday, 14 February 1999, at 3:52 p.m.

I bought a clown loach last week from a local pet store and it did fine for about 3 days. I did everything I could to make it happy. It laid on it's side a lot but I heard that it was normal so I thought everything was okay. I bought some ground up shrimp pellets that sank to the bottom of the tank so that he could easily get to them and I also put in bloodworms and some other "gourmet" Beta food. But he still wasn't eating his food...he just went around for a few days sucking the glass of the tank and then he didn't move as much...and after five days he died...BUT the lady at the store said it might have been because of the ammonia level or the Ph...so I went home and checked it and there was no ammonia, and the PH was normal and the