Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Clown with bloated underside

Posted By: Jim Bobier <jim.bobier@odyssey.on.ca>
Date: Sunday, 14 February 1999, at 9:56 p.m.

Hi, Today I bought frozen brine shrimp from my lfs. This is my first time feeding brine shrimp, I currently use Sera San flake food, Hikari micro pellot for tetras, barbs and small fish, and frozen daphnia. I like to give them a variety of foods and all my fish (neon tetras, black tetras, harlequin rasboras, and 2 kissing gouramis and of course 3 clown loaches)seem to like eating them all.

When I dethawed a piece of shrimp (same size piece as the daphnia)and put it in my tank only the gouramis really took to the shrimp and the others really didn't go nuts over it. I think it was size of the shrimp was too big for some of the fish. Anyways, I left the tank for a few hours, came back and all the scraps that had made it to the bottom were gone and my bigger clown lo