Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Loaches in my Backyard

Posted By: Hans <a2609894@smail.rrz.uni-koeln.de>
Date: Wednesday, 17 February 1999, at 7:11 a.m.

Hi everyone!

Although it won`t help any of you with their tanks I`ve got a small story to tell. I was visiting my parents over the carnival days. Through the village my parents live in runs a small creek which was fish-free several years ago due to heavy pollution. After several improvements in sewage systems were made some guys from the environment and waterways agency checked the creek by electric fishing and found that there are now over 12 sp of fish. Among them was a stable (several young were observed) population of the stone loach (Noemacheilus barbatulus)!! Thats even an endangered sp in Germany. Now everytime I take a walk with the dog and cross that creek I get that warm, sunny feeling....:-)

Just had to tell you!

Hans