Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

problems with kuhli loaches

Posted By: Rose <roseselene@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wednesday, 17 February 1999, at 8:08 a.m.

I bought six kuhli loaches the other day along with five serpae tetras. These are the only fish living in a 30 gallon tank. The tank is fully cycled because there were other healthy fish living in it and we moved them to a bigger tank. I have never had any loaches before some I'm not real sure of what i should be looking for. last night one of them died out of nowhere and this morning another one is dead. I also noticed that the remaining ones have a cloudy, milky streaking on them (is this normal--it doesn't seem like it would be). The temp is 76. ph 7.4 (probably higher than they like, but i've never been able to get my water lower). ammonia 0 nitrItes 0 nitrAtes approx 30-40. general hardness 150ppm. the serpae tetras are all fine and healthy no signs of problems