Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

WANTED-your views on my local fish stores replacement policy

Posted By: hyp <hypancis@aol.com>
Date: Friday, 19 February 1999, at 7:52 p.m.

LOOK OUT HYP'S ASKING EVERYONE THERE OPINION-What are your views on this subject-if you purchase a fish from my local fish store and it dies and you want a replacement then you have to take a tank water sample-I have never experienced any deaths from this shop-but was in the store when a customer arrived the other day-with a dead tetra and a water sample-now what did the shop owner test for-Ammonia?-NO,Nitrite?-NO,PH?-NO-he tested for none of them-what he did was this-he had a TDS meter-total disolved solids meter-and he tested with this-and if the reading was over 50 then it was-NO SORRY YOUR WATER IS TO POOR-NO REPLACEMENT.-As far as I was aware these meters measure all disolved solid type th