Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

loach sounds

Posted By: Thomas b waltzek <waltzek@neuro.fsu.edu>
Date: Monday, 22 February 1999, at 7:13 p.m.

Howdee Ho! Boys and Girls. Just wanted to let the lolers know that I have the hydrophone and did a recording last night. Pretty amazing the equipment was easy to use and the fish performed beautifully. The tank I recorded from had histronica and lecontei. They were making continuous clicks as they chased each other around the tank. These clicks are not audible to the naked ear but very audible to the hydrohone. The audible clicks that everybody who keeps botias knows about sound like booms on the hydrophone. Very cool! Anyway I'll write when I get some more recordings. The plan is to set up tanks for each vocal botia species and get the botia sound by species. Can't wait to hear my big clowns in Atlanta. Hope everyone on the board is well and keep up the great work on the sidth. hunt-Tom