Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

I Found a Sid!!

Posted By: Nancy <naboden@aol.com>
Date: Saturday, 27 February 1999, at 11:06 a.m.

Unfortunately, I couldn't afford it! As soon as I walked into my lfs yesterday, I had 3 people tell me that they had gotten in some new botias. Obviously, they know me. But I never expected to see such a sight. They have a 3 inch sid. I didn't even know they got that big. He had only ordered one, because of the cost. They are asking $49.95, although he told me he would make me a deal. I still couldn't afford it. It was really interesting, because the vertical design was almost totally gone. Evidently, they grow out of it? He had ordered it through an Asian distributer, and he knew it had been caught in the wild. If anyone wants the distributer's name, I can probably get it, but it was too busy yesterday. The other weird one they had was and Indian loach, that they called a Dayio(?) loach. I have found no pictures that look like it. They were small, maybe an inch, off