Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Anyone else have territorial B. modestas?

Posted By: Ratfish <ratfish@pacbell.net>
Date: Saturday, 27 February 1999, at 10:03 p.m.

Mine bites my clown loaches, and was the reason that the smaller ones died. The larger ones can hold their own, so there is no problem, but it came out of no where. I put them in at the same time, and when I came back in the morning, the modesta was biting the poor little clowns who were already pretty much gone. I have read a lot of information on loaches, but I have never heard of such a thing. I saw several people list their fish before, and they had clowns and modestas. Is mine a sociopath, or is this a common thing, and I'm an idiot for mixing them? The problem was that the B. modesta wasn't chasing the clowns around or anything, it was just when they came near the bullhead (all of my loaches enjoy sitting on the catfish's head for