Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Loach Slurping

Posted By: Jayne <jaynemanrow@yahoo.com>
Date: Monday, 1 March 1999, at 1:02 p.m.

My Golden Dojo's slurp too! They often splash and hang out on the floating plants, but I hadn't identified them as the slurpers before. These guys have doubled in size since I got them, from small kuhli size to 5 1/2 to 6 " and they are really beautiful. I am interested to note that they can fold their front fins to almost a flipper like apendage and use them to dig through the gravel/sand. I have also figured out that they are the main plant uprooters. It is funny to see them with 1/3 of their bodies under the sand. I remember reading about slurping loaches, but I thought it was clowns not dojo's. My family think I am obsessed. Facinated, not obsessed. It certainly is less harmful than a lot of other habits and they certainly are more easy to control than dogs. Jayne