Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

My loach has ich =(

Posted By: Jeff Rizzo <biomech@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Tuesday, 2 March 1999, at 4:05 p.m.

Hi,

I was hoping that someone could help me. I *had* 3 clown loaches and this past Saturday, I noticed that two of them had developed ich. A friend of mine gave me a bottle of Aquari-Sol, which I just read in another message doesn't help. Well, I used that, according to the directions for two days (Saturday and Sunday) and it did absolutely nothing. Sunday I purchased Super Ich Cure and added it to the tank last night--I was afraid to put it in Sunday since I had already added the Aquari-Sol. I also changed 25% of the water Sunday evening.

The Super Ich Cure said to use 5 ml/5 gallons and I have a 20 gallon extra tall tank. I thought that I'd play it safe and only use 15 ml. This morning, my smallest loach (I had named him Barrel) passed on to the big fish tank in the sky.

The loach wit