Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Compatability between loaches?

Posted By: DP <Dpahl@dcwis.com>
Date: Sunday, 7 March 1999, at 5:19 p.m.

Can anyone offer any information on how these loach species cohabitate. In my main tank there are four clown loaches and a striated loach. They get along really well. They even lay around on the bottom together. Clown sizes are as follows: Largest is 3.5 " middle two are about 2.5" and the smallest is slightly over an inch maybe 1.5". The striated loach is about two inches. My question is this. Recently I purchased four botia modestas and a smaller 1.5" botia striata. I have them in a quarantine tank right now. Can I put them in the main tank with the clowns? They don't bother the small striated loach. But..... whenever I feed them they get real aggressive towards each other, yet they still don't bother the striated loach. These guys range in size as follows: the larges