Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Batik Loaches are awesome!!!!

Posted By: Michael Ophir <ophir@wn.net>
Date: Friday, 12 March 1999, at 4:48 p.m.

Hi eveyone. I just went to my LFS to see if they had any new loaches in. Indeed they did. The owner of the store called me last night and said they have Dario in. I went today as I normally do checking each fish store, when I see 4 Batik loaches in one tank. I know that Ken said that these were a new loach from India. These were definetly not Botia Dario. I bought all 4 of them, (they were not that cheap) and they are very large. I just checked the picture of the Batik loach to make sure it was the same one. When I put them in one the tanks they they started to swim all over the tank finding every small object that was in the tank. They are great looking and very active loaches. First time I saw these loaches.

Mike