Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

food for the kuhlis

Posted By: Rose <roseselene@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thursday, 18 March 1999, at 12:53 a.m.

Hello. I'm having a little trouble with feeding my kuhli loaches. Currently i have them in a ten gallon tank (six kuhlis) by themselves with no other fish. I may be changing things around but for now they are there. As far as food, I have "sinking wafers" which say they are for loaches, shrimp pellets that sink, and tetra flakes for tropical fish. They completely ignore the wafers and pellets and will only eat the flakes. The other food just sits in the tank and gets gross looking but uneaten. I also know that they like blood worms so i bought some blood worms - the already dead kind - and they float! i can't get them to sink at all ever. I know they are eating the flakes at least so they are getting some food, but i also thought that it was good to give them a varied diet -- but th