Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

UPDATE: "Wasting away"?

Posted By: Stuart
Date: Thursday, 28 May 1998, at 3:49 p.m.

In Response To: "Wasting away"? (Stuart)

I can't say that I'm out of the woods yet, but I do think that the more frequent feedings seems to be taking care of my problems. I can't tell you that the other actions I have taken aren't helping also, but I'm pretty sure that the feeding was the biggest issue.

Veruca, If your loaches aren't eating, I can't say that your problem is going to be as easy since my loaches were still eating. Although some can cause parasite problems, live foods may get your loach to eat. Some live foods which should be safe are earthworms and brine shrimp. Even if it isn't a "safe" live food, you may want to weigh the risks when it means that your fish won't make it if he doesn't eat. Another suggestion would be to add 3 more clown l