Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Clown trapped in "treasure chest"

Posted By: Joanne <joanne@zapcom.net>
Date: Sunday, 21 March 1999, at 12:34 a.m.

I had a small "treasure chest" in my tank along with a "sunken ship" and a "sunken airplane". My 6 clowns love to hide in these. All of my clowns are growing and still love to get in these hiding places. For 2 days I could not find one of my clowns. He is about 3" long. So I raised the treasure chest and out he came. This went on for a couple of days. Him hiding, me letting him out. Even feeding blood worms would not get him out. But when I raised the treasure chest, he would swim out and eat and act just fine. Finally my husband suggested that mabe he was getting trapped in there. When I looked at the treasure chest closer, I realized that it has only one small opening to get in or out. He has grown so much, I do not think he can turn around in ther