Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

White Spots on Clown - not velvet or ich

Posted By: Craig D'Orsay <craigd@attcanada.net>
Date: Sunday, 21 March 1999, at 12:04 p.m.

I was just watching my clowns eat, and I noticed a couple of things: 1) they're eating well (except for the one in quarantine) and plump 'n happy, 2) the larger ones (2.5-3") have a couple of the aforementioned black spots, and 3) one of the smaller clowns (1.5-2") has a few small, round, and flush (not protruding) pale white cirles on its side, which look like someone dotted it with a felt tip marker.

Oddest thing, I only noticed it tonight, so I believe it is a recent development, there are only 6 or 7 spots, and they don't look like they are an infection (parasite, fungal, etc), nor do they look like something/someone took a nip out of the flesh. Dots are on the black and orange parts, in the upper flank area ahead of the