Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Anti-Algae tablets, Please advise ĦĦĦ

Posted By: Pancho. M.
Date: Saturday, 6 June 1998, at 5:28 a.m.

Hi.. I have a litlle trouble with algae in mi 20 Gal. tank, i make a 50 % water change every 2 weeks but the algae it's always there. The guy in the pet shop hand me a couple of tablets that i have to disolve in water and then drop it in the aquarium, he say's that this tablets will get rid of all the algae in less than 24 hours, my concern is that my tank is planted (Heavily planted) and don't know if this tablets could harm the plants or the fish, in this matter i have Clown Loaches, Kuli's (Regular and Chocolate), 1 Pleco,Rainbow Shark, Veil Mollys, Weather loaches and some others... i know it's a litlle bit crowded but next week ill recive my new 50 Gal tank (I can't wait.... :) ) This tablets are a new product in Mèxico (Before this our only solution was to by some algae eaters :( ), any way we don't have any expirience with this tablets... If some body have any