Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

best loach gravel/sand

Posted By: Bob Gilbertson <sueglbsn@msn.com>
Date: Sunday, 28 March 1999, at 7:37 p.m.

I am seeking advice from loach knowledgeable advisors. I am looking for advice regarding what's best, sand or gravel [and type/size], for ideal loach tank. I am setting up a new all loach tank (75g)(78 F stable water temperature). I have 14 clowns in my community tank for past 15 months,and want to create a more ideal habitat for large groupings of Kuhli's, Dario, striata, as many as possible that are compatible as regards temperament/disposition and water conditions. I am lucky enough to have almost ideal conditions for keeping fish, with a 2000g plumbed sump supporting 6 tanks (125g, 4x75g, and 90g.isolation tank [isolation tank return water not plumbed into sump]). I have a plumbed water change of 200g of r/o daily and 50 g of filtered tap daily, all trickling into sump. I am using co2 and a hom