Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

"As The Loach Turns"

Posted By: JD <dietsch@voicenet.com>
Date: Monday, 29 March 1999, at 1:10 p.m.

Hello All,

The continuing saga of the search for an allusive Botia!

Extra large dwarf loaches for sale in Tx, Damn they grow everything big there don't they!!!:) But doesn't that sound like an oxymoron??????

Anyway I wonder if these "Breeding" sids are from the same order/shipment that Ken refereed to. Thanks to BB I got mine from TFP this weekend, and they are Large. There were a few smaller ones in the tank, maybe 1.5 inches, but most were in the 3 in range. And as BB mentioned they were not very "chained" as expected. But at $20 a pop, I only grabbed 4. To be honest they were not as cute as I had hoped.

This raises a question, were they maybe Botia nigrolineata??? I have heard of a sub-species of sidthimunki that has two solid horizontal stripes and no chain pattern. All the sid pics we see have chained patterns, but most do look like juveniles. JL what was the oldest/largest sid you know of?? These guys I have now do have a chained strip down their back, but not on their flanks like all the other sid pics show.

http://aquaweb.pair.com/LOACH/dloach.shtml

Looking at the sid page here on LOL, the loaches I bought look just like what Ken has pictured in his two towards the bottom of the page. Ken, are you sure these are sids? What is you take on the existence of a nigrolineata? Everyone else, same questions? Anyway I am in the midst of an acclimation period, and I hope I can keep my new Investment. I also grabed up a few nicely priced Yoyos as company for the sids. These Yoyos are about half the size of the "sids". Hopefully pictures to follow soon.

Later, JD

LOL's Dwarf Loach Page

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archiv