Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

baby clowns in filter tubes

Posted By: Darryl Harms <dharms@awp.com>
Date: Wednesday, 24 June 1998, at 12:42 a.m.

I recently bought some very small ( 1 inch ) clown loaches. They are in a 100 gallon tank with: 6", 3", 2" companion clowns and seem to be happy and healthy. Anyway, last night I couldn't see them anywhere in the tank ( no surprise ).Then when I got up this morning I found 2 of them in the intake tube of my Magnum 350. Alarmed I quickly turned off the power to investigate ( thinking they were probably dead ) - but they were just fine, so I drained them into a cup and back in the tank. They are in fine shape.

Does anyone out there have any ideas about a guard or screen I can place over this tube to keep these little guys safe in their new home? Thanks for listening. Darryl

Messages In This Thre