Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

a little more about clowns...

Posted By: Fishface_Jr
Date: Tuesday, 30 March 1999, at 5:39 p.m.

my water conditions are ok for clow loaches I think... about 6.9 for ph, and halfway between hard and soft water, and no amonia. I have noticed now that my loach is hanging around the two cories I have, or sometimes around my gouramis, and it seems he is eating enough. He will still be okay with out any others for a while won't he? I don't know when I will be back to a store that sells them for under $8.00, and even there they are much smaller than the one I have. How can you tell the difference of a male or female clown loach? One more thing, about how someone said that they don't know of any successful breedings of these fish, I just read a magazine that said that in large tanks they have been observed breeding, but the eggs never turn up. In the store I purchased my clown loach from do not carry cardinal tetras because they cannot be bread in captivity and if these loaches ca