Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Re: Need info on horseface loaches

Posted By: Stuart
Date: Thursday, 25 June 1998, at 9:24 p.m.

Sorry to hear about your problems. I don't know how long you were gone, but you may want to consider not feeding your fish while you are gone.

As for horseface loaches, I have had good and bad experiences. From 2 different stores, I never got my horseface loaches to live. I later got some very large ones from a third store and they all lived. I did have some problems later down the road and never understood why. I would have one die every now and then over a few years, but without any known reasons. When I moved across country, I still had 2 and they both made the move, but 1 died soon after. The other one died recently (kept for approx. 5 years).

I recently purchased 9 very small ones and have not seen any die over the past month or so (others would die in the first week). I have only seen as many as 7 at one time, so I cannot say for sure that they are all alive, but I