Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Have You Seen This Loach?

Posted By: Joe Loach <jloach@wans.net>
Date: Saturday, 3 April 1999, at 9:51 a.m.

Years ago I had a Noemacheilus sp. called a "Rainbow Loach." It's listed on the LOL pic archieves as "Green Threadfin Loach." I must say, the pic *does not* do this fish justice. It looks all washed out. The one I had was olive green with wonderful orange highlights. It did not reach it's full color until I brought it home and placed it in my 90. It really colored up then. Has anyone seen this fish offered for sale as of late? Ken, have you seen them lately? I'm interested in getting another one. Of the Neomacheilus sp. I've kept, this was by far my favorite. The particular fish I purchased was the dominant Rainbow Loach in the tank. The others showed battle scars. This on