Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Somebody Help Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted By: Doug <DbiggieD@aol.com>
Date: Friday, 9 April 1999, at 9:04 a.m.

I have a 55 gallon community tank, in which I had two silver veil angel fish, (among others). Recently I purchased my first clown loach, took it home and tossed it in the tank (figuratively speaking). The next morning when I got up, the smaller of my angel fish, (body about the size of a silver dollar) was gone. And I do mean gone...as in vanished without a trace!! I've checked the filters, rearanged the decorations, looked down behind the tank, etc, etc, and the fish is nowhere to be found. My wife swears up and down that the clown loach ate it. I keep trying to tell her that even if clown loaches did that kind of thing, there's no way a 2-3 inch clown loach could eat a 1 inch angel fish, especially not all in one night. Some