Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

correct pronunciation

Posted By: Donna <vantreese@starcomm.net>
Date: Sunday, 11 April 1999, at 1:59 a.m.

How is "botia" pronounced? Is it BOW-sha or bow-TEE-a or something else? I'm waiting on three clown loaches; my LFS brought in three on Wednesday (4-7-99)and was keeping them for me to pick up on Saturday. Everyone was supposed to know they were already sold to me. When I went in to get them, there were only two, and the owner didn't know if one died or if one was sold. (I had gone in on Thursday to see them, and there were three then.) As he fished out the remaining two for me (said he'd get me a third), one keeled over dead right before our eyes, even though they had looked fine in the tank. So the owner said he wouldn't sell me the third, either, because he was afraid something was wron