Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Is this loach feces?

Posted By: Donna <vantreese@starcomm.net>
Date: Friday, 16 April 1999, at 1:01 a.m.

Monday I purchased my first clown loach (about 2 inches SL, the only one at the store, but he's getting more for me), which I have in a 5-gal. quarantine tank. In the tank are a Billi sponge filter (cultured from an established tank), a heater, thermometer and 1 artificial plant. Water is moderately hard (230ppm), temperature about 79 degrees F, pH 7.4, with unmeasurable ammonia or nitrite, and I'm changing about a third of it per day. From the second day, several times a day, I keep siphoning up this stuff from the bottom of the tank that I don't recall seeing with any of my other fish. It is sort of little wads of cloudy-whitish fluffy stuff with particles in it (specks, thread-type things, etc.), an