Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Levamisole and pH

Posted By: Donna <vantreese@starcomm.net>
Date: Thursday, 22 April 1999, at 4:33 p.m.

It looks as if I may have to treat some more fish for camallanus worms ... but my water has a very stable pH of 7.4, which I hate to mess with, especially if I need to treat 3 entire planted tanks. Is Levamisole TOTALLY ineffective at this pH? Can it be mixed with something else first that will enable it to work? Will it have any ill effects if I try it anyway (if I can find it, of course)? Is there any way to tell if new fish have these worms BEFORE they are visible hanging out of the anus? I realize I must treat all new fish in quarantine for these things from now on, but nothing suggested them at first with fish I bought in the past. Would piperazine work better if I mix it myself with food rather than buy