Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

clown loach problems-Help!

Posted By: Nancy <naboden@aol.com>
Date: Friday, 7 August 1998, at 11:46 a.m.

About three weeks ago I bought 2 clown loaches to cheer up the one I had left. They are rather hard to find around here and the one I had was wasting away. He is doing much better, but the new ones aren't. They are not eating, at least when I'm looking, and are spending all their time hiding. The man at the store can't figure out what's wrong, but said they must be eating something or they would be dead. Well, now one is. It just about killed me. Before he died, he appeared to be panting. Everything tests fine, and the rest of my fish are doing well. I have spent several hours during the last two days on the web, reading all the information I can find and it has been helpful but can find no clue what might have killed him. I tried blood worms last night, and the remaining one just looked at them. I thought about getting more, but if there is something wrong in my tank, I don't want to do that. I already have a bigger tank set up and cycling, but it's not ready for loaches. I'm afraid he's not going to make it a couple of more weeks until that tank is ready. If I buy more, I also take the chance of overloading my smaller tank. I really need all the help I can get to save the little guy's life. Thanks.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.