Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Is it just playing, or something your clown loach didn't want you to know about...

Posted By: Fishface_Jr
Date: Tuesday, 4 May 1999, at 11:22 p.m.

Sunday I finally got my clown loach a buddy. This new loach (who hasn't eaten very much since I got him but seems to be keeping a big belly) is afraid of the first one I purchased. It swims away from him at top speed whenever the bigger one approaches. The bigger one takes advantage of this and won't leave him alone until the smaller one finds a hiding place (bigger one is very fat and lazy). One way I have found to stop him from chasing the other one is walk right up to the aquarium. He must be scared of me. There is not much of a size difference (.5 to .75 inches). Should I separate these loaches, or just wait a while to see if this situation becomes more severe? Any help would be useful.

Fishface_Jr