Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Lesser spotted loaches.

Posted By: Graham <grama.mitchell@orange.be>
Date: Thursday, 6 May 1999, at 2:54 a.m.

Hi,

I have just bought a pair of 3.5" Clown Loaches to keep my big 7" loach company. ( 66Gal tank) In the lfs I saw one clown that had a perfectly circular spot between the last two black stripes on his body, and asked the lady who works there to fish him out ( from about 50 others ! ) which she did admirably!. When I got him home I discovered he had an identical spot on the other side like a mirror. They are so round it's as if somebody drew them with a compass, and I have never seen this before. It's the same size as the piece of paper that drops out of a hole punch... ( Perhaps they are glued on ! )

Are such markings normal or do I have a mutant ?! If only they would spawn! We could have the new "Lesser spotted Clown Loach "

Regards GRaham

&