Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Snails for Clown Loach?

Posted By: Judy <rapozo@yahoo.com>
Date: Tuesday, 11 August 1998, at 2:01 a.m.

Hi Folks,

Just found this site. I have a two year old clown loach who is about 3 inches long. He's a beauty. I remember when I picked him out of a tank full at the pet shop that the owner was a little sarcastic because I was attracted to his pattern of color in comparison to the others. I was such a novice (still am) but I know beauty when I see it and my choice was a smart one. He is my only loach and he keeps company with a Chinese Algea Eater who is not as fond of him as he is of the algea eater.

Anyway, what kind of snails might I be able to feed him without the threat of an infestation? I have an UGF in addition to my Emperor 400 so I certainly don't want snails clogging up anything.

I also have a Pleco who loves zucchini and my loach will sneak a few bites when the pleco isn't looking.

Does anyone have any idea how large my loach m