Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Loaches and planted tanks

Posted By: Jayne <jaynemanrow@yahoo.com>
Date: Tuesday, 11 May 1999, at 11:46 a.m.

One of the most frequent complaints I see on boards other than LOL on loaches is that they are hard on plants, uprooting them, eating them. I saw one post where the person stated that they will never keep Dojo's again! Now that is imposible in my opinion. I wouldn't have a tank without a tank my Golden Dojo's. They are big fish, at least mine are and they go after food with great enthusiasm. I have found a way to keep them from uprooting the plants in the process of pursuing food. I put the plants in small clay pots, gravel in the pots and put the pots in the gravel. I think they look cool, like planted trees. Do you have trouble keeping the plants in the substrate? What do you do to keep them there? Another plant issue...Drowned house plants. I got some plants over the winter called &quo