Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

New Weather Loaches!

Posted By: Rick
Date: Tuesday, 11 May 1999, at 5:56 p.m.

Hello Loach Folks, please allow me to "splash" onto your board. I just bought 2 of these weather loaches and added them to my community 55g tank. They quickly established themselves as the centerpiece of the tank, the rest of the fish just don't seem to know what to make of these guys. I have a 20g sand substrate tank in the process of cycling right now that will eventually be home to all of my loaches. At any rate, I wanted to check with the experts here on the subject of diet. I have 4 Kuhlis and they eat those shrinking shrimp pellets, I feed them after lights out and they seem to be happy (fat) and healthy. What do these Weather Loaches like to eat? I have a swarm of Cories in the 55 so I'm sure scavenging is slim pickens! Thanx for the help!

Rick