Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Cruelty to Fish

Posted By: Jayne <Jaynemanrow@yahoo.com>
Date: Wednesday, 12 May 1999, at 1:35 p.m.

I admit I am a cruel fish keeper. I had purchaced a nice plastic hidy hole for my loaches. I became concerned when I needed to change water and vacuum and was unable to get the clowns and kuhli's out. One clown, now known as Long Jump Loach, came out of the cave only after the hidy hole was in the bucket, and being the athlete he is, jumped into the net, just as I got it into position. I became concerned about the clowns wedging themselves in a crevass and not being able to get out. So I cut about a third of it off, leaving exit/viewing holes. They still liked it, to the point that they didn't come out of it. I pulled it out (fish free) the other day and saw that one kuhli who I was concerned about was not only fine, but had grown an inch since I last saw him. It then occured to me, I like seeing my loaches. I bought