Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Advice on mould on YoYos

Posted By: Graham <grama.mitchell@orange.be>
Date: Friday, 14 May 1999, at 3:31 a.m.

Hi,

I have decided to lay off any treatment of my fish until I speak to you guys & gals. Having messed up on the ick bout, I do not want to repeat the experience.

I have a 55 Gal tank, that has had its dose of Ick and wiped out a good number of my loaches. Everything has calmed down for about a month and a half, maybe 2. I am setting up a quarantine tank. However I saw a 4" YoYo and a 4" clown for sale in the LFS. I could not resist it and bought them both. They were introduced to the main aquarium, and its onth AFTER doing this that I noticed the yoyo has a white patch on his tail, just before the tail-fin. I thought it was a graze at first but it's not. I did not notice it in the LFS.

I have added some salt, but not much, to the water.

Some more info: The yoy