Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Lost One =(

Posted By: Steve Burton <sdburton@hotmail.com>
Date: Monday, 17 May 1999, at 8:23 a.m.

Bad news, good people, alpha loach (the largest of my clowns) was found wedged upside-down behind the filter uptake early saturday morning, with no apparent cause of death. Alpha loach was pronounced dead on arrival at the Q-Tank Memorial Hospital. He was last seen alive by security cameras late on friday night and was seen to be in excellent health. His body was discovered on saturday, by a distraught and frustrated tank-master. Police are appealing for witnesses and A black widow tetra is said to be helping with police enquiries, but at this stage, there is no comment from the emergency services. He leaves behind 2 clown loaches and a couple of cories. A memorial service was held in the Piscine Garden of Rememberance in the Back Garden and was laid to rest under the big paeony. Other members of the community are in a state of shock and disbelief. Cardinal tetra said "He was such a nice loach, a bit boisterous, but otherwise very likeable". Another passing Golden Tetra said "He'll be missed by us all - I can't believe something like that could happen in a tank like this".

Doesn't it really p*** you off when a perfectly healthy fish goes and karks it for no apparent reason. No sign of disease or fungus, no external injuries, all other fish in the tank are in excellent health, no additions to the tank in eighteen months, water changed and gravel vacuumed last weekend, normal feeding and behaviour patterns noted: Why do they do it - just out of spite is my guess.

Not best happy,

Steve

Messages In This Thread