Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

My poor sids

Posted By: JD <dietsch@voicenet.com>
Date: Thursday, 20 May 1999, at 12:04 a.m.

Hey all,

Long time no post. The new job has been very active and I am also looking for a new house. Anyway, I am sorry to report I killed 3 of my 4 sids:( I opened a window to take advantage of the fresh spring air. Well since it was in the basement I forgot about it and left it at night too, for a couple day none the less. Well either my heater failed trying to keep up or it was bad to begin with, but the temperature fluctuated drastically. As fellow loach owners you know what happen then, Ick took 3 of my 4:( It also took out 6 young Yoyos! I completely blame this ick breakout on stress due to temperature instability, and can't kick myself hard enough for leaving that damn window open! If you open windows, keep an eye on it. The treatment approach I took was to raise the temp with a new heater and dose salt. I also fed an antiparicitic food, but a lot of them were not eating. The other 3 tanks down there were fine, the EboJager heaters operated fine maintaining the temperatures. I guess I should go log this into the ick database.

Well I am off to check out a possiable new house for my Zoo today, so with the impending move, even if TFP has more I won't even look.

Later, JD

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.