Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

fungus update

Posted By: Bethany <bethLsand@aol.com>
Date: Friday, 21 May 1999, at 5:49 p.m.

It's me again, with an update! My loach is thankfully still alive, though it's been touch and go for the last few days. (For those of you who have not read my prior post, I've got a loach with a nasty fungus. I've moved him to a quarentine tank and am treating with higher temp (85) and aquariasol.) I've been changing the water faithfully to keep ammonia and nitrite levels down. Yesterday morning, I thought he was dead. On his side, gills not moving. I went to get the net, and when I came back, he had moved. (At this point, I'd rather have him die than suffer, but maybe there's hope). Last night, his gills were moving rapidly and he wasn't moving at all. I was sure he wouldn't last the night. This morning, his top fin was up (it's been clamped for about a week) and he's moving around. I took this as a good sign, but now he's constantly twitching. He never holds still. He IS s