Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Did my loaches breed?

Posted By: michael <peacfulrvr@aol.com>
Date: Monday, 24 May 1999, at 10:00 p.m.

I have a 55 gallon tank with two strong powerheads that keep the water moving at a pretty good clip. I have lots of driftwood and real plants. I have several angels and discus and 2 clown loaches.

Last night one of the loaches turned over on it's side and sank to the bottom...I thought Rats my fish died then I noticed the other loach get on top of the "dead" one and they started ummm twitching together. the top one stayed on top for 10-15 minutes and they appeared to be deliberately trying to stay together.

Then the top one swims off and the one on it's side looks dead for another 30 minites. I was confused and didn't know what was going on...death or love. Then the dead one swims away an